Family Learning at Baguley Hall
What is Family Learning?
Free Family Learning courses and activities take place in your neighbourhood and can help you improve your own skills and support your children’s learning. Some courses are just for parents or carers and in some, families learn together. Through Family Learning you can start to plan a better future for you and your children.
Why come to Family Learning?
- To fill any gaps in your English and maths skills so that you can help your children with school and homework
- To have fun with your children and get new ideas for things to do as a family
- To prepare your children for starting school so that they cope better with the change from home to school and enjoy learning from the beginning
- To understand how your children develop and learn from toddlers to teens, and how you can help them grow in confidence
- To develop the skills you need to adapt to changes in family circumstances such as benefits, income and work
- You can learn how to manage stress, communicate better, feel more confident and positive and set goals for your future
What can Family Learning lead to?
Your tutor will help you think about what you want to do in the future so you can choose the right courses and training. You can progress to courses to get qualifications that will help you when you are looking for a job. You might like to train as a volunteer to get experience and build your confidence.
Family Learning is just the beginning!